An increasing number of consumers now use social media and Google to conduct preliminary product and price research before making purchasing decisions. Hence, most businesses today use online marketing to build trust with prospects and customers, build their brand reputation and increase revenue.
While many marketing campaigns flop daily, some others get great results too. But who are the guys behind these successful online marketing campaigns? Here are 17 of the online marketing influencers you should keep your eyes on this year.
From social media rock stars and bestselling authors to world-renowned bloggers as well as some below-the-radar names you don’t hear about often, these are all standout marketers who continue to push the boundaries, wield enormous influence on a large portion of the Internet and collectively generate billions of dollars in revenue for their clients.
1. Gary Vaynerchuk is a marketer, serial entrepreneur and four-time New York Times bestselling author who became famous for growing his family’s wine business from four million dollars to 45 million dollars a year. Owner of the digital marketing agency, VaynerMedia, Vaynerchuk is an investor in companies including Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter and Uber and his shows #DailyVee and #AskGaryVee reach tens of millions of people every month.
3. Tim Ferriss is a popular blogger and author of four amazing books – The 4-Hour Workweek, The 4-Hour Body, The 4-Hour Chef, and Tools of Titans – all of which were #1 New York Times and Wall Street Journalbestsellers. An early-stage investor or advisor in Uber, Evernote, Twitter, Alibaba, Facebook and Shopify, Ferriss’ podcast has had over 150 million downloads, leading to his being dubbed the “Oprah of Audio” by Observer.
4. Michael Hyatt is a blogger, speaker and bestselling author of Platform, which is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USATODAY and Amazon bestseller. Formerly the Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers, the seventh largest trade book publishing company in the U.S., Hyatt has over 700,000 subscribers and now coaches marketers and entrepreneurs on building influence online, leadership and personal development.
5. Derek Halpern is a marketer, entrepreneur and the founder of Social Triggers, which has reached millions of marketers online. An expert at helping startups use human psychology to increase traffic and sales, Halpern’s work has been recognized by Forbes, Entrepreneur, TheNextWeb and more.
6. Kotton Grammer is a marketer, entrepreneur and the founder of Kotton Grammer Media, an 8-figure advertising and media company. Gammer consults for some of the biggest companies in the world and is also the cofounder of the renowned SEO mastermind, OMGmachines.com, which has sold over 30 million dollars in online information products since 2015.
7. Amy Porterfield is a marketer and entrepreneur providing data-driven marketing insights to help business owners build a highly engaged email list, create online training courses and use innovative strategies to sell. Featured in Fast Company, MSNBC, Entrepreneur and Mashable, and named a top 50 social media influencer by Forbes, Porterfield has built multiple 7-figure businesses and has over 250,000 email subscribers.
8. Abdullahi Muhammed is a writer, content marketing consultant and the CEO of Oxygenmat, an agency providing content marketing services to some of the world’s biggest brands. Named by Inc. as the #1 content marketer to follow in 2017, Muhammed is a thought leader for creatives and contributes to Forbes, USA TODAY and Entrepreneur.
9. Jayson DeMers is a marketer and the CEO of AudienceBloom, a Seattle-based Internet marketing company. DeMers specializes in creating high ROI digital marketing strategies for brands and regularly shares tons of free tips in his regular contributions onForbes, Inc., Business Insider, Fortune and Entrepreneur.
10. Jay Baer is a marketing consultant, speaker and the founder of Convince & Convert, one of the Internet’s most respected marketing blogs and strategy consulting companies. Baer has consulted over 700 companies on marketing including Nike, Caterpillar, The United Nations and 32 of the Fortune 500 companies and his book, Youtility, is a New York Times bestseller.
11. Rand Fishkin, the go-to guy for the latest SEO advice, is a blogger and the founder of Moz, one of the most popular tools and communities for marketing professionals. Also the co-founder of Inbound.org, Fishkin has given presentations at Google, Facebook, Microsoft, the United Nations, Stanford University, Public Media, NPR, YCombinator and Hackers & Founders.
12. Filip Boksa is a marketer and serial entrepreneur most known for growing a multi-million dollar cleaning service, King of Maids using BookingKoala, the software he created and turned into a software company. Recognized by Forbes and Inc. as an innovative entrepreneur at age 22, Boksa now mainly focuses on investing in startups through Sassy Egg, Inc., his marketing company.
13. John Lee Dumas is a marketer and the host of the daily podcast Entrepreneur on Fire, which was awarded Best of iTunes in 2013 and has over 1700 published episodes with incredible guests including Tony Robbins, Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Barbara Corcoran, Tim Ferriss and Brian Tracy. Dumas’ The Freedom Journal was the 6th most funded publishing campaign of all time on Kickstarter.
14. Daniel Wallock is a marketer and heart condition survivor who’s worked with The American Heart Association, BMW i Ventures, Amazon Studios, Girl’s Inc, and Sarah Lawrence College. Recognized as a top content marketer by Inc. and featured in Forbes, Los Angeles Times and Yahoo News, Wallock was behind the viral crowdfunding campaigns for Perseus Mirrors and OneX, both of which raised over $100,000.
15. John King is a growth hacker who raised over four million dollars in series A funding for his startup at age 19. One of the most sought-out startup growth hackers in the state of Pennsylvania, King now runs Agency Tailored, a 7-figure internet marketing company with clients including franchise groups such as JDByrider and the International Hotel Group.
16. Joanna Wiebe is a marketer, conversion copywriter and co-founder of Copy Hackers who has consulted and optimized copy for companies like Tesco, Crazy Egg, Buffer, Wistia, Shopify, MadMimi, Intuit, BT and MetaLab. A sought-after speaker, she has presented at conferences like Mozcon, INBOUND, SearchLove, Call to Action Conference, Business of Software, Microconf, SearchLove, ConversionXL and HeroConf.
17. Zaid Ammari is the CEO of PPC Masterminds and a leading expert on data-driven digital marketing reputed for doubling revenue for his clients within 3 months. He runs two popular marketing meetup groups with over 3,000 members and has over 5,000 students on his free monthly webinars and two online courses.